Radiation Therapist RT
Under direction of the Radiation Oncologist and the Director of Radiation Oncology, the staff Radiation Therapist will be responsible for ensuring the most optimal radiation therapy simulations and treatments are provided to our patients. This will be a team approach in professional operations with treatment delivery, simulation, and brachytherapy, or any other care related to the radiation therapy treatments. Must be able to handle multiple room assignments and all different types of exams/procedures on a daily basis. Must be able to communicate with physicians, patients, families, and ancillary hospital personnel. Will participate in performance improvement initiatives. Will assist with other activities as deemed necessary for the day-to-day operation of the department (i.e. clerical duties, inventory, stocking, light housekeeping duties, etc.). Position may require cross training in additional modalities as directed by the Director of Radiation Oncology.
Will recommend repairs and work process efficiencies within their area and/or the department. Shares responsibility for the maintenance of efficient scheduling, patient flow and quality assurance, as well as having alertness for fiscal soundness within the division.
Performs other related duties incidental to the work described within.
• 2 or 4 year degree in the field of Radiation Therapy, or certificate in an accredited radiation therapy program is required.
• Must have American Registry of Radiologic Technologists certification in radiation therapy or show proof of working towards this certification is required.
• Arizona state licensure in good standing – MRTBE (Medical Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners) is required.
• ARRT registered and Arizona Medical Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners licensure (MRTBE), and CPR/BLS is required.
• Knowledge of the safety and infection control policies, as well as departmental and WRMC policies and Knowledge base of RT(T), computer skills, procedures will be required after hire.
Knowledge of the safety and infection control policies, as well as departmental and WRMC policies and Knowledge base of RT(T), computer skills, procedures will be required after hire.
1. Able to recognize unsatisfactory procedures or problems and work to find/ recommend a resolution
2. Able to decipher when alterations need to be made to treatment plan and/or treatment immobilization devices and consult with appropriate staff in a timely manner
3. Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities for the age specific population
4. Able to explain code orange, code yellow, code black, code green, code red, code white, and code blue and give appropriate numbers to call for each
1. Able to locate MSDS information, and policy and procedures
2. Able to explain what to do in the event of an electrical, water, medical gas and telephone failure
3. Explain the process for a chemo/ blood spill
4. Assures that all department rules and regulations are followed
Apply Online http://www.Click2Apply.net/gzjkhfh